Home Site Map Contact Us A A A

Birth Registrations & Certificates

Birth Registration

Under the Vital Statistics Act, the birth of every child born in the Province of Ontario must be registered within 30 days of the date of birth.

If you didn't register the birth and your child was born more than one year ago, you need to contact the Office of the Registrar General.

For children born on or after May 28, 2009, parents may now complete the Statement of Live Birth on-line at ServiceOntario and electronically submit it directly to the Office of the Registrar General.

Births occurring in the Township of Huron Kinloss will no longer be registered with the municipality. Instead, parents are encouraged to use the 3-in-1 online service (Newborn Registration Service) This new service allows parents to electronically submit the Statement of Live Birth and submit applications for a birth certificate and social insurance number at the same time.

Travel Letters are no longer available for births occurring on or after May 28, 2009. If parents are required to travel with their newborn and have not applied for a birth certificate at the time of registration, please contact the Office of the Registrar General at 1-800-461-2156.

Birth certificates

To obtain an Ontario Birth Certificate:

  1. Pick up a form in person at the Township of Huron Kinloss's Office, click on Request for Birth Certificate on this website or go to the Service Ontario website
  2. For further information, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 1-800-461-2156.

Lost or stolen birth certificates and registrations

All birth certificates or registrations that are lost, stolen or destroyed must be reported immediately to the Office of the Registrar General, and will then be cancelled.


  • Service Ontario
    Service Ontario can advise on method to obtain a birth certificate.

Contact Us

Phone: 519-395-3735
Fax: 519-395-4107
Email: info@huronkinloss.com
21 Queen St., Ripley ON N0G 2R0

All documents found on our website are also available in hard copy by contacting the Municipal Office.