Home Site Map Contact Us A A A


The Township of Huron-Kinloss encourages you to participate in the municipal election.  Voting is a fundamental right you have been given.   When you vote you are selecting those responsible to make local laws and policies that will affect your everyday life.  

Municipal government is responsible for many of the day to day services you use and depend on including water, roads for travel, providing parks and recreational programs and emergency services to name a few.

The next municipal election will take place in 2018.

The Township of Huron-Kinloss Council consists of seven members:

Mayor (elected at large)

Deputy-Mayor (elected at large)

Five Councillors (elected at large)

Elgibility to Vote

To be an eligible elector in the Township of Huron-Kinloss, you have to be:

  • a Canadian citizen;
  • at least 18 years old;
  • reside in the Township of Huron-Kinloss or be the owner or tenant of land in the Township of Huron-Kinloss, or the spouse of such owner or tenant; and
  • not prohibited from voting under any law     

Financial Statements

All Candidates who ran in the 2014 Municipal Election were required to file a financial Statement using the prescribed form. Candidates, whose campaign contributions and total expenses are each equal to or less than $10,000, are not required to file an auditor's report with the financial statement. The Clerk is required to make the financial statements filed under sections 78 and 79.1 available for viewing in an electronic format as soon as possible after the election.  The financial statements are available from the Clerk's Office by emailing: clerk@huronkinloss.com and making a request.

Property Ownership Changes? Residents should complete the "Request for Occupant Information" form, a Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) form located on the right hand side of this page.  This form may be completed and sent to MPAC to notify them of changes to ownership or tenancy or to advise MPAC of changes or corrections to personal information.


Sonya Watson


Contact Us

Phone: 519-395-3735
Fax: 519-395-4107
Email: info@huronkinloss.com
21 Queen St., Ripley ON N0G 2R0

All documents found on our website are also available in hard copy by contacting the Municipal Office.