Please direct inquiries regarding this position to:
519-395-3735 (131), email@example.com
Friday, April 20 2018
Friday, May 11 2018
Due to retirement we are recruiting an experienced professional to join our team as the Director of Public Works, whose responsibility it is to manage and carry out the maintenance and construction of roads and public works operations such as waste management, water treatment, sewage treatment and disposal and any remaining responsibilities associated with the provision and contracting of hydro services and street lighting.
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Certified Engineering Technician and successful completion of Certified Road Superintendent (CRS) or related combination of education and experience and /or willingness to obtain.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in supervisory position in a public sector environment or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Must have current knowledge of applicable Acts, legislation, regulations including the Municipal Act, WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Highway Traffic Act, Pits and Quarries Act, Signage Act, County policies and procedures such as entrance permits, signing bylaws, land acquisition.
- Good knowledge of legislation related to water treatment and management i.e. MOECC Regulations, Ontario Water Resources Act.
- Good human resource management and supervisory skills.
Please see the Director of Public Works Position Description for a full list of qualifications and skills.
This is a permanent full time position with competitive salary and benefits
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a confidential detailed resume with references no later than Friday, May 11th, 2018 at 1:00 pm. Sealed envelopes should be clearly marked with the position title and sent to:
Attention: Leanne Scott, Payroll & Asset Coordinator
Township of Huron-Kinloss
P.O. Box 130, 21 Queen Street
Ripley, ON N0G 2R0
or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Public Works position description
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.M45, as amended, and will only be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Township of Huron-Kinloss will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.