Home Site Map Contact Us A A A

Non Domestic Animal Control

The Exotic Pets By-law 2010-49 regulates the housing/keepiong of non domestic animals. To understand whether a certain animal is permitted to be kept in the Township of Huron-Kinloss refer to the Exotic Pets By-Law. If you have any further questions call the By-Law Enforcement Officer at 519-395-3844. 

Non-domesticated animals (i.e. skunks, raccoons, possums etc.) are not dealt with through the Township of Huron-Kinloss. Local trappers may be contacted to rid your property of the pests at your cost. Contact the By-Law Enforcement Officer to obtain contact information for local trappers. Please review attached fact sheets concerning Animal Distemper and Living with Coyotes. In response to bear sightings, please report to the Ministry of Natural Resources at 1-866-514-2327.

The Township of Huron-Kinloss does not regulate hunting. The Township's enforcement interest concerning hunting is pertaining to noise, namely the discharge of firearms. The lawful discharge of firearms is permitted between one half hour prior to sunrise; or 10:00a.m. on Sunday until one half hour after sundown. To report any hunting contraventions or unsafe hunting pratices please contact the Ministry of Natural Resources at 1-877-847-7667.




Heather Falconer

By-Law Enforcement Officer
519-395-3735 x131

Contact Us

Phone: 519-395-3735
Fax: 519-395-4107
Email: info@huronkinloss.com
21 Queen St., Ripley ON N0G 2R0

All documents found on our website are also available in hard copy by contacting the Municipal Office.