Home Site Map Contact Us A A A

Police Servicing

All areas in The Township of Huron-Kinloss are serviced by the Ontario Provincial Police.

Community Policing Offices are located at 18 Tain Street, Ripley and at 482 Ross Street in Lucknow.  Officers of the O.P.P. can schedule a meeting with residents without them having to travel out of the township.

Citizen Self Reporting  (an alternate means of reporting non-emergency incidents the police)

The Citizen Self Reporting System is an easy way for an indiviual to report an incident to the Ontario Provicial Police using a computer or a mobile device. All emergencies should still go through 911. An individual must have a valid e-mail address to report an incident.  The system works on a step-by-step process.

Step 1: Make sure your occurance can be reported online.  Valid for:
     Lost missing property under $5000
    Stolen License plates or validation stickers
    Theft from a vehicle under $5000
    Mischief/damage to a vehicle under $5000
    Mischief/damage to property (other than a vehicle) under $5000
    Theft under $5000
    Driving Complaint

Step 2: Find the location on the map provided where the occurance took place.

Step 3: Select the occurance type from a list of incidents types.  There is a list of the incidents with the definitions and examples to choose from.

Step 4:This step have several parts which include: Your Information, Incident Information, Other Persons Information, Narrative of the Incident, Review Information and Submit Information.
After the report is submitted an officer with review the report and proceed as they see fit. 

If an individual wants to talk to an Officer they can still call or visit the local OPP dispatch.

For more information on this service, please visit the Citizen Self Reporting website.

911 Hearing & Speech Impaired Service

The CRTC ruled that all wireless carriers in Canada had to build infrastructure for the provision of T911 services. In order to access the service, people who are hearing or speech impaired need to register their cell phone with their wireless carrier. Once registered with their carrier as a T911 enabled phone, citizens can simply dial 911 as everyone else does. A 911 operator will be notified that the caller is a T911 recipient, and will initiate a text to the citizen, which will be the mode of communication from there on.

Contact Us

Phone: 519-395-3735
Fax: 519-395-4107
Email: info@huronkinloss.com
21 Queen Street, P.O. Box 130, Ripley ON N0G 2R0

All documents found on our website are also available in hard copy by contacting the Municipal Office.