Water Valves: In light of the water revocation order under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, Residents, please follow your normal practices for turning on your water. If you request a water turn on by the Township, please provide a minimum three business days’ notice. Water turn-on will only be performed during regular business hours.
The Huron Landfill: The Huron Landfill is open to the public. To help minimize the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented additional safety measures to protect both staff and the public. These procedures may cause delays at the site, please be patient and courteous.
• Hours of Operation: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• The methods of payment will be on-account or debit, using the tap option.
• There will be a limit of five vehicles permitted on-site at one time to physical distancing.
• Brush will be permitted however we strongly encourage use of the temporary yard waste depots in Point Clark, Ripley and Lucknow.
• We encourage residents to continue to use curbside pick-up for household garbage.
Kinloss Landfill: The Kinloss Landfill will be open on Saturdays to the public starting Saturday June 6, 2020 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. The site only accepts brush, steel, white goods and recyclables, and is located at 690 Kairshea Avenue between Bruce Road 1 and Paradise Lake Street.
The Huron Landfill site, 2087 Concession 6 E is open to the public Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- The methods of payment will be on-account or debit, using the tap option.
- There will be a limit of five vehicles permitted on-site at one time to physical distance.
- Brush will be permitted, however we strongly encourage use of the temporary yard waste depots in Point Clark, Ripley and Lucknow.
- We encourage residents to continue to use curbside pick-up for household garbage.
For the curb-side garbage and recycling schedule or to sign-up for notifications visit Bruce Area Recycling.
To set up an account for the Landfill please submit an application for credit. Applications can found on our website Township of Huron-Kinloss or contact the Township office at 519-395-3735 or by email email@example.com.
Curbside Garbage and Recycling Pick-up: will continue and residents are urged to utilize this service. For the schedule or to sign-up for notifications visit the Bruce Area Solid Waste Recycling.
Temporary Yard Waste Disposal Sites in Huron-Kinloss are available to dispose of brush, leaves, branches and grass clippings. Please respect social distancing and remain a minimum of 6 feet from other residents. No household garbage or plastic bags. (Contractors not permitted)
Point Clark Community Centre, 344 Lake Range Drive, Point Clark just south of the cardboard recycling bins.
Ripley-Huron Community Centre, 17 Queen Street, Ripley beside the tennis courts.
Lucknow Soccer Fields, 907 Havelock Street, Lucknow, just south of the Lucknow Soccer Fields.
Yard Waste Disposal Map