Lottery Licenses

Due to the COVID-19 virus, we have implemented some changes to our municipal services. For up-to-date information about facility closures and impacts on municipal services, please visit the Township of Huron-Kinloss COVID-19 webpage.


The Township of Huron-Kinloss is responsible for issuing municipal licences for raffles and break open lotteries under the regulations established by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). The cost of the licence is 2% of the total prize money.

To be eligible to run a lottery, an organization must have been in existence and have a history of providing services for at least one year. Lotteries are eligible for a licence when they are carried out as a "public" benefit to residents of Ontario. The revenue from a licence must be for charitable purposes, defined as:

  • Relief of Poverty
  • Advancement of Religion
  • Advancement of Education
  • Charitable Purposes Beneficial to the Community

For lotteries involving Nevada or break open  tickets, a Break Open Lottery Licence Application should be completed. For raffles where tickets are sold for a specified item or a 50/50 draw, a Raffle Lottery Licence Application should be completed.

Under AGCO rules, an organization may only have one Break Open or one Raffle application open at a time. If your organization thinks they might have two raffle lotteries going at the same time, a Blanket Raffle Lottery Licence Application should be completed.

A report is required to be filled out within 30 days after the end of the lottery licence detailing the finances (revenue and expenses). This form is submitted to the Township of Huro- Kinloss.

For more details on licence eligibility contact the Clerk's Department at 519-395-3735.

Contact Us

Phone: 519-395-3735
Fax: 519-395-4107
21 Queen Street, P.O. Box 130, Ripley ON N0G 2R0