Subdivisions & Condominiums

Subdivisions & Condominiums


A Plan of Subdivision is a legal survey that divides a parcel of land into smaller lots or blocks and secures the developer's obligations through a subdivision agreement. Applications for Plan of Subdivision are made to the County of Bruce. Usually applications for Plans of Subdivisions are required where more than three lots or new roads or extensions to existing roads or services are being created. A Plan of Subdivision , therefore, is a means to create lots to be sold individually. An application for a Plan of Subdivision must be approved by the Township Council, which has the authority to grant draft approval. Once draft approved, a subdivision agreement must be entered into with the Township of Huron Kinloss. A subdivision agreement ensures that all concerns of the municipality and other government agencies are adhered to by the developer. Plans of Subdivision are regulated by Section 51 of the Planning Act. For more information on plans of subdivision, subdivision applications, or applications for part lot control exemption, please contact the Township of Huron Kinloss Administrator.


The Planning Department reviews plans for condominium developments. For more information on plans of condominium and condominium applications, please contact the County of Bruce Planning Department.

Contact Us

Phone: 519-395-3735
Fax: 519-395-4107
21 Queen Street, P.O. Box 130, Ripley ON N0G 2R0