Telecommunication Towers & Antennas

The regulation and approval of telecommunication towers, antennas and related facilities falls under federal responsibility and is governed by the Radiocommunication Act administered by Industry Canada. In some cases, a condition of obtaining a license from Industry Canada requires all Proponents to consult with the local land-use authority and the public as required under the procedures described in the most Client Procedure Circular.

The Township of Huron-Kinloss has entered an agreement with Canadian Radiocommunications Information and Notification Service (CRINS)
The Canadian Radiocommunications Information and Notification Service (CRINS), offers an opportunity for even greater and more precise comments and increased opportunities for the public to be involved and comment, while utilizing professionals whose singular focus is Antenna System Siting. CRINS handles the application on behalf of the Township, collects the public input and prepares a final report for Council consideration. 
CRINS is a not-for-profit organization providing a shared-service bureau that works on behalf of participating Land Use Authorities (Township of Huron-Kinloss) members to ensure that proper notification and public consultation processes occur and land use concerns are properly communicated to stakeholders. CRINS manages the processing of applications for radiocommunications facilities and ensures that public consultation is conducted according to the Land Use Authority’s consultation protocol. 
As part of the services provided, CRINS has developed a comprehensive Reference Protocol which the Township has adopted.



Contact Us

Phone: 519-395-3735
Fax: 519-395-4107
21 Queen Street, P.O. Box 130, Ripley ON N0G 2R0