Building Services

Before beginning any building work on your property it is advisable to consult with the Building Department.

The Building Department verifies that all building projects meet the minimum standards as set out in the Ontario Building Code, the Township of Huron-Kinloss Comprehensive Zoning By-Law and the requirements of other regulating bodies such as the Grey Bruce Health Unit and the Conservation Authorities. Our Building By-Law is another great resource to review prior to building in Huron-Kinloss. 

The Building Department works with the County of Bruce Planning Department and independent planners as required for large projects.

Council meetings regarding Planning Applications and the Committee of Adjustment meetings take the second Monday of every month if there are applications to be heard.  

Apply for your application form online

The Cloudpermit building permit system allows you to submit your application from anywhere, at any time and track its progress as it gets approved. You can start an application and finish it later, receive email updates on the status of your permit application and request building inspections.

Applications through the mail, by email or in person will be still be accepted at the Municipal Office.

Keep these phone numbers on hand for locates as you plan your construction project:



Kincardine Cable519-396-8880

Hydro One1-800-957-7756


Veolia (for Municipal Water or Sanitary Sewers)519-524-6583

Ontario One Call 1-800-400-2255