Why is Personal Information Collected?
There are a number of reasons we may collect personal information including:
- To process requests for services or information (e.g. planning applications, permits and licences);
- To establish, administer and maintain billing, payment (e.g. taxes) and other service information;
- To communicate with you about services, information requests or applications;
- To communicate any changes or disruptions in services.
Access and Privacy
The Township of Huron-Kinloss acknowledges and appreciates that the communication of personal information is extremely sensitive and it recognizes the need to protect the personal privacy of individuals who interact with the Township through various means of communication.
The Township attempts to ensure compliance with all applicable legislation and the collection, retention, disclosure and destruction of personal information is conducted in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The minimum amount of personal information is collected and used only for the purpose in which it is collected.
The Township does not sell or rent such personal information. Occasionally, the Township may be required to disclose the information with outside parties (e.g. law enforcement activities, emergency situations).
Correspondence to Council
Individuals who submit letters and other information to Council should be aware that any personal information contained within their communications may become part of the public record and may be made available through the Council Agenda process.
The information herein is the property of the Township of Huron-Kinloss and is protected by copyright. No part of the information herein may be sold, copied, distributed or transmitted in any form without the prior written consent of the Township of Huron-Kinloss.
Questions or comments regarding this policy may be directed to the Municipal Clerk by email or by calling 519-395-3735 or writing to PO Box 130 21 Queen St. Ripley, ON, N0G 2R0.
Social Media Disclaimer
The Township makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media platforms; however, the Township does not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to the content of all comments and/or online requests for information. Information requests made through social media platforms is not considered official, and the public is directed to email or call the Municipal Office
All Township social media sites are monitored during regular business hours, between 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday. The Corporate website at huronkinloss.com should be used as the official resource for municipal information.
Social Media Commenting Guidelines
The Township invites community members to post, share, discuss and debate while treating each other with respect. The Township will not tolerate posts or comments that include:
- Profane or inappropriate language;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, colour, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Content considered to be defamatory, disrespectful or insulting to municipal staff, representatives, other commenters or community members;
- Off topic remarks and comments;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Comments/posts not related to a posted article/topic/information;
- Business solicitation;
- Partisan messaging;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Information about any identifiable individual (including photographs of, or information about that individual, as well as views or opinions about that individual), unless the identifiable individual provided specific, written consent to the Municipality in advance; or,
- Other material deemed inappropriate
Township of Huron-Kinloss, Huron-Kinloss Connects Mobile App:
The Township of Huron-Kinloss is using SeeClickFix by developer CivicPlus, an online and mobile service request system, to power its mobile app and reporting forms. SeeClickFix is an application that allows Huron-Kinloss citizens to report non-emergency related issues. SeeClickFix can be used via the Web on a desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, or tablet. SeeClickFix is a public application. The description entered will be visible to the public. Your display name will also be visible unless you choose to submit as Anonymous. Your email address will never be displayed publicly.
Have Your Say HK, Community Engagement Website:
What personal information we collect
We collect information from you when you register to use this site. This includes your email address and additional demographic information as provided by you on the registration form.
Please note that you are able to browse any publicly accessible sections of this website completely anonymously without signing up.
The content you create as part of your interactions with this website. These can include responses to surveys, comments on discussion forums, or any of the other engagement opportunities available here.
We collect information about your usage of the site, such as pages visited, documents downloaded, etc.
How we use the information we collect
We collect this information in order to:
- analyze and interpret it to help meet our objectives and obligations;
- communicate information to you about engagement opportunities, events and other initiatives; and
- respond to enquiries and otherwise engage with stakeholders.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
While no online service is completely secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take all reasonable measures to do so.
Requesting access or correcting your personal information
Subject to applicable local laws and regulations, you may have some or all of the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- to access your personal data and to rectify any inaccuracies within that personal data;
- to request for the erasure of your personal data residing with us;
- to request your personal data in portable, machine-readable format; and
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of their personal data.
If you wish to contact us to with a request relating to personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details set out below including your name and contact details. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information.
In some cases, we may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information and where this occurs, we will explain why. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
Subscribe to Our News
Stay up to date on the Township's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our news.