This policy applies to all members of the public and Township Staff at Township facilities, properties, events, programs, and in written or verbal communications. Leased facilities may follow the lessee's internal procedures and are not subject to this policy.
RZone - Respect and Responsibility Policy
What is RZone?
RZone is a policy established by the Township of Huron-Kinloss to ensure a positive, safe, and supportive environment for all members of the public and Staff at Township facilities, events, and programs. The goal is to prevent and address inappropriate behavior or violence within Township-owned properties.
Goals and Guidelines
The goal of the RZone policy is to promote respect, commitment, and considerate relationships between the Township and the public. By fostering a safe and positive environment, the Township aims to enhance understanding and awareness of this policy.
Staff and volunteers are not expected to jeopardize safety. Inappropriate behaviors include aggressive approaches, attempts to incite anger, theft, possession of weapons, illegal substance consumption, contravention of by-laws, vandalism, and harassment. Staff may involve the police in contentious situations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Roles and Responsibilities
- Everyone is responsible for behaving respectfully.
- The Township collaborates with the community to ensure a positive environment.
- Training and education support this policy, provided during Human Resource onboarding.
- In cases of harassment or violence, the Workplace Violence and Harassment Policy is followed.
- Human Resources monitors policy violations, and the public reports incidents to Township staff.
Consequences of non-compliance vary based on severity:
- Immediate removal from premises for severe incidents.
- Letter of warning and possible ban.
- Financial responsibility for damages to Township property.
Subscribe to Our News
Stay up to date on the Township's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our news.