The Township of Huron-Kinloss is recruiting a full time Manager of Financial Services/Treasurer. The Manager of Financial Services/Treasurer as the chief financial officer of the corporation, provides for the control, management and efficient and effective administration of the financial accounting and data processing functions of the Corporation in the areas of planning and budgeting, accounting, investment and fund management, tax and water revenue, risk management, payroll and purchasing.
- Post secondary in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- AMCTO program certificates.
- Proven management experience in a municipal finance setting.
- Municipal finance experience, including property tax assessment and collection.
- Exceptional understanding of financial regulations, laws, and standards relevant to municipalities.
- Strong Human Resource management and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in report writing and presenting complex financial data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a confidential detailed resume with references no later than Friday December 1st, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. Resumes can be submitted to the email address below or in a sealed enveloped to the mailing address below.
Township of Huron-Kinloss
21 Queen Street
P.O. Box 130
Attn: Leanne Scott, Human Resources Generalist
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.M45, as amended, and will only be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Township of Huron-Kinloss will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.