Skip to main content Skip to footer

Getting Married

The Township of Huron-Kinloss offers Civil Ceremonies for couples wishing to marry in a non-religious ceremony. Our Marriage Commissioners are delighted to perform your wedding ceremony at any reasonable location of your choice. Together with you, they will design a ceremony that will make your special day one to remember.

Crystal and her husband Nemo decided to move back to the wonderful community of Huron-Kinloss in the fall of 2007 to raise a family. Crystal spent 17 years pursuing a career in the Funeral Service Industry. She helped many families create and design meaningful ceremonies for their loved ones and is a Certified Celebrant. As your Marriage Commissioner she will be pleased to help you create the perfect ceremony. Crystal 's motto is “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away”, which is a guarantee for your special day.

Phone: 519-955-3993

Congratulations!  If you are planning your wedding, this is such an exciting (and busy) time for you.  Marilynne would be happy to answer your questions and work with you to help create a civil wedding ceremony that is both personal and professional.   

Marilynne and her husband Dale have lived with their two daughters in the Lucknow area for most of their lives.  They are involved in the community in a variety of ways and have fun supporting community events.  As a teacher for many years, Marilynne has always enjoyed working with people in different settings.  She would welcome the opportunity to work with you as you plan the perfect ceremony to celebrate your commitment to each other as a married couple. Whether you are thinking of a small, intimate ceremony or a larger one, talk to Marilynne and see how she can help you as you start planning your special day.

Phone: 519-395-4676

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Over the last 6 years, Linda has had the pleasure of meeting with couples to help them create their own unique & ‘one-of-a-kind’ ceremony. Just as no two couples are alike, Linda believes your ceremony should be custom-made and personally designed just for you. And for those couples who dread being the center of attention, your ceremony can still speak volumes in just a few words, and we will make it something that even you will look forward to!

Beach settings, sunset backgrounds, or under the backyard willow tree, Linda will design a ceremony that is all about who you are and the love you have for each other. Linda has even married a young couple in the milk parlour of their dairy barn!

Linda and her husband Dave met in high school and have lived on the outskirts of Ripley where they raised 5 children and currently fill their empty nest with a barn-full of rescue animals.

Phone: 519-395-5809

Mike is a lifelong resident of the Ripley - Kincardine area where he currently resides with his family.   Mike has been employed in the Municipal recreation field for several years, and volunteers with Ripley Minor Hockey as well as the Ripley Fire Department.  

As Marriage Commissioner, he would be pleased to officiate your wedding at a location of your choice, be it formal or informal. Mike is inspired by your love, friendship, and commitment and looks forward to being part of your upcoming special day!

Phone: 519-395-4050

Once you have selected a Marriage Commissioner, please complete and submit the Marriage Commissioner booking form.

Marriage Commissioner Fees

The fee for a Marriage Commissioner is $400.00 with a $100.00 deposit required at time of booking to reserve your date and time. All bookings and payments for Marriage Commissioner services are administered through the Township of Huron-Kinloss. Final payment is due two weeks prior to your wedding. Travel and rehearsal fees may apply and are paid directly to the Marriage Commissioner. 

If cancelling, notice must be received a minimum of 30 days prior to date of wedding to receive a refund of $300.00.

Marriage Licence

A Marriage Licence is a required official permit that enables the couple to have a marriage ceremony.
This is a prerequisite in obtaining an official marriage certificate from the Province. 

If either of the applicants are divorced, the original certificate of divorce will be required. If the prior marriage was outside of Canada, please contact the township office for the paperwork required and note that this can be a lengthy process.

The fee for a marriage licence is $125.00.

For more information about obtaining a marriage certificate from the Province, please contact the Office of the Registrar General at 1-800-461-2156.

Venue Rentals

Our Community Services Department would be happy to assist you in finding the perfect venue for your ceremony.

Contact Us

Township of Huron-Kinloss
21 Queen Street
P.O. Box 130
Ripley ON, N0G 2R0

Phone: 519-395-3735
Fax : 519-395-4107

Subscribe to Our News

Stay up to date on the Township's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our news.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.